Cooking with bacon is great, bacon is just bloody brilliant, super versatile and not all too bad for you and very tasty for us omnivores!! Chop the fat off and you’ve got yourself a slimming world “syn free” eat unlimited bacon pieces of bacon!!
If you read my previous post “Speedy Slimming Italian Stew” you will know I jumped on the losing weight bandwagon because lets face it I over indulged during the festive period. You can also read more about these slimming world recipes cropping up everywhere!
These chicken and bacon parcels were huge hit with the family and you would never know they were a slimming world recipe, honestly.
I chose to have these with sweet potatoes as a side, to do this and to serve 4; peel and chop into chunks 5 small sweet potatoes, season with thyme, salt, pepper and fry lite. Pop in oven at 200c for 35 minutes.
For the chicken and bacon parcels you will need to;
- Firstly fill a jug (1/2 pint) with boiling water and mix a chicken stock cube in, pour this into 40g of cous cous and add crushed garlic. Stir, cover and put to one side.
- Add 1 large bag of spinach into a large saucepan, cover and let the spinach wilt, drain and wash in cold water, drain and then roughly chop.
- Mix spinach with cous cous, also grate 2 tbsp’s of parmesan (keep separate).
- Open up each chicken thigh and spoon as much cous cous and spinach into each thigh and sprinkle a little parmesan over the top.
- Fold each thigh shut and wrap 1 piece of bacon vertically across the chicken and 1 piece horizontally (make sure you cut the visible fat off the bacon). – See picture!
- Repeat for the desired amount of chicken thighs; the cous cous quantity makes 8 thighs.
- Bake at 190c in a fan oven for 30 minutes (or until juices run clear) and serve with sweet potatoes and steamed brocolli.
This meal is great for all the family and it is mostly syn free, or 0.5 if you already had some of that healthy extra A (milk or cheese)!!
Follow me on instagram for more food ideas: @slimwithnats