Since starting slimming world, it has encouraged me to read more recipes that are healthier for you! One of things that is so important with healthy eating is eating fresh and planning a head! So if you ever find yourself stuck this is a recipe where you most likely have the ingredients already in your kitchen or growing on your window sill!
More often than not, I am on the go with work so I wanted to come up with / research some lunch or snack ideas that aren’t too messy to eat on the go that are free in syns.
The original recipe is here; however I adapted it to what I had available and it turned out even better than expected!
Just in case you are interested each fritter is approximately 96 calories, 12.6g carbs, 1.3g fat and 9g protein – or completely free with slimming world.
For 6 servings, you will need potatoes; 1 white potato and 1 large sweet potato, fry lite, 1 tin of tuna in spring water, half a tin of sweetcorn kernels, handful of chopped spinach, handful of chopped coriander, handful of chopped chives and 1 whisked egg.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Total: 40 minutes.
- Peel and boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, then leave to cool – or pop in a bowl of cold water if in a rush. Once cooled these will need to be grated.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, add the chopped herbs/spinach, drained tuna and the half tin of sweetcorn. Stir and season.
- Add the cooled grated potatoes and mix. This is where it can get messy; it is easier to use your hands to knead the ingredients together and make small pancake sized balls with the mixture.
- Spray your baking tray with fry lite and pop each ball of mixture side by side (see picture).
- Spray each fritter with fry lite and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool for a few minutes then transfer in an air tight container & refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Voila and there you have it… Tuna and Sweetcorn with herbs fritters! Enjoy!